Tuesday, October 1, 2013

By the Seaside: Day 1

October 1st, here we go.

I'm doing the Ultimate Blog Challenge, where you post each day in October and share with your fellow bloggers taking part in the challenge.  I was excited when I first heard about it.  I figured it would be a great way to get myself writing more and maybe attract a few more people to my blog.  So, if you stop by because of the Challenge: Hi! Good luck!

I recently went to Seaside, Oregon for a couple days.  I've been going there every summer since I can remember.  There are home videos of me at Seaside in a high chair.  It's always relaxing and a great break from the everyday, even if your everyday isn't all that thrilling like mine.

I went with my parents.  Yes, 24 and still going on vacations with my parents.  It's not that bad actually.

As we entered into Oregon from Washington across the bridge we saw a cruise ship docked.


Not to deter anyone that has been dying to go on an Astoria cruise, but we couldn't figure out what there really was to do in Astoria that warranted a cruise stop, but it seems they stop there frequently so they must have some fun excursions.  

After driving the four hours and finally arriving in Seaside, we settled in at our usual hotel The Tides and took in the beautiful ocean view, before going out to eat at Norma's.  It's a wonderful seafood restaurant in the main town of Seaside and no trip would be complete without a visit or two there.  Then we stopped and grabbed a large bag of saltwater taffy from the Candy Man store that boasts 170 flavors.  Most of them are delicious, there are a few iffy ones, like Butter and Black Licorice.  Usually the store is blasting The Candy Man song day in and day out until you hear it in your sleep, but they were playing circus music this time.  I felt disappointed and yet a little relieved.

This is what is left, but a few days ago when we purchased it, it was MUCH bigger.

Nothing like watching a beautiful sunset over the ocean.

Sorry it's through a window.

But after the sun sets, it's time for a couple fierce rounds of Hello Kitty Yahtzee.  Instead of numbers you have little cute Hello Kitty characters that go by names like Mimmy and Jodie, so you find yourself yelling "Come on Mimmy, I need a Yahtzee!" and when you don't get who you want you start to secretly resent that character.  "Shame on you Jodie for not playing nice!"
For some reason I cannot fathom, my dad refused to play Hello Kitty Yahtzee, but he liked to call it Catzee.
Turns out I got a little crazy with the pictures, so I'm splitting this up into two posts. Part 2 is tomorrow.  I know you are dying to read it... /sarcasm.


1 comment:

  1. I love Hello Kitty Yahtzee, especially because I win all of the rounds. :o)

    ReplyDelete