Tuesday, October 15, 2013

The Walking Dead Premiere Review

Spoilers for Season 4 Episode 1!

When I first started watching The Walking Dead, I couldn't get enough of it.  I netflixed the first two seasons and watched them in an obsessive marathon. The combination of a zombie apocalypse and a ragtag group of survivors, both related and strangers, really caught my interest.

But, as the new season approached I wasn't that excited. I have a hard time keeping track of the exact details of what happened on a season finale.  Either I have a bad memory, or the abundance of shows I watch start to blur together.  When the new episode started I found myself trying to remember who all the new people were, if they were actually new or if I just forgot who they were. Where's Snow White? Oh that's not The Walking Dead. The onslaught of new characters was confusing and seemed to only serve the purpose of setting them up, just so they could die.

I miss the traveling aspect of the show. People trying to survive in the wild, going from place to place, avoiding other people and zombies. Now that they've been in the prison for such a long time it's starting to get boring for me.  I'm hoping that the ending of this episode spells a possible infestation inside the prison. This could be interesting if they have to abandon the prison all together and journey out into the unknown again.

I'm not giving up on the show.  I know it sounds like I'm bashing it, but I'm just a little disappointed.  I enjoy the show still and will continue watching it.  I just hope it starts to take a turn back to its roots where there was actually a threat of zombies and the cast was manageable so I could personally get to know each character.

We'll just have to wait for Sunday to find out.

2 comments:

  1. As you know the show is too violent for me. It gives me nightmares!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This last episode was making me a little queasy too.

      Delete