Saturday, October 12, 2013

Taste in Music

I've always been a fan of music.  When I was a kid I remember listening to 80's music, even though I was only born in the last year of the 80's, and singing along to the songs with my older sister and mom.  I still love 80's music and need to listen to some now and again. Although, the first song I was obsessed with, that I can remember, was Achy Breaky Heart by Billy Ray Cyrus. They would play music at nap time at daycare and when that song came on, I couldn't sleep because it was my jam.


My taste in music is much more varied today.  I don't like country music anymore.  Artists that I've liked enough to buy their CDs recently include Imagine Dragons, Justin Timberlake, Florence and the Machine and OneRepublic.  When I was a teenager I would sing along loudly to Eisley and Damien Rice and would listen to soundtracks, especially Disney, all the time.  I still listen to Eisley quite frequently. 




I guess I couldn't tell you just one genre of music I like.  I listen to anything if I like the sound of it.  One of my favorite songs and music videos right now is We Are Brothers by Baddy Paris and Rufus Starlight.  It is a hilarious video two brothers made for their other brother who was getting married.  It is really catchy and you'll find yourself singing it wherever you go.  Watch it if you haven't.



What kind of music do you listen to?  Any specific artist or genre you can't live without?

2 comments:

  1. I also like most types of music. Thanks for sharing those videos. They bring back memories. Some I'd rather not remember! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still can't get over the production value of the "we are brothers" video. Its excellent.

    ReplyDelete