Thursday, October 3, 2013

My Life as a Sample Hoarder


Who doesn't love free things? I've become a little obsessed with them.  A few months back I found a page on Facebook called Freefly's that links to different samples you can get online.  I thought it would be some kind of gimmick and you would have to buy something to get the sample, or it is only free if you sign up for e-mails.  Well, it turns out this stuff actually is free.  These companies want you to try their stuff and tell them how it is and share it with your friends.

The thing is, I have this weird habit now of getting whatever I can free, even if it doesn't apply to me.  Men's shampoo?  Yes, please.  Vitamins in all flavors? Definitely. It's always fun to get something in the mail that isn't junk mail, a bill, or a dental visit reminder.  Whenever I get a sample I get a little rush of excitement, even if it is toilet paper.  Yeah, seriously, look at the picture.  That is a box of toilet paper.

And what do I do with all these samples?  Well, it turns out I hoard them and stash them in that basket you see there.  Useful things like Excedrin, a razor, toothpaste, shampoo, random tests of perfume - all in the basket they go.  I guess I'm saving them for some special occasion.  What that occasion is, I don't know. Apocalypse? Maybe.  When I become poor and homeless? Perhaps. I can see that Excedrin being a real life saver when the zombies arrive. I've used a few things, tried a few of the perfumes, but for the most part I stash it in that little basket that is now overflowing onto the dresser around it - that same dresser that holds my giraffe collection and pirate ship from previous posts.  It's a busy little dresser.

Anyways, my advice is give free stuff a try.  It's free, why not?  Yeah you might have to sign up for e-mails, but just unsubscribe when you get your first e-mail.  But learn from me, use the stuff. Don't be a weird hoarder like me.  I'm probably getting put on the sample blacklist right now.  "She's not using the samples! No more for her!"

1 comment:

  1. I think I'm going to sign up for samples now. It must be so nice to get something besides bills and junk.

    ReplyDelete