Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Welcome to the land of giraffes!

I like giraffes.  Read that last sentence like the kid that likes turtles.  I have liked giraffes for as long as I can remember.  I recall my friends in junior high even giving me presents that were giraffe themed.  I don't know why I started liking them and I'm not exactly sure why now.  I just know that giraffes and I go way back.  There's just something about them.  I think it's because they're so ridiculous looking with their long necks and creepy tongues.

I collect everything that is giraffe.  It started out with just a stuffed animal here or there, but now my collection is huge. One day when I own my own house, it will be giraffe themed.  I'm sure you can imagine how bad-ass that will be.  Yeah.

Let me introduce you to a few of my favorite things from my giraffe collection.

This one is a dog toy, with squeakers and everything.  I have a few dog toys that are giraffes.  I guess dogs really like giraffes too.  I always feel bad when I bring one home and squeak it and my two dogs come running, but not bad enough to give it to them.  

This one I got for my last birthday from my Grandma.  I love it.  It is one of my favorites.  It has sparkles on it and opens up and has enough room for all kinds of useful things, like a tic tac or perhaps a penny. As you can see in the background I have some other giraffe themed things on my dresser.  Tiny colorful ones, a round squishy one and even one that is a tiny garbage can.  Seriously.  It looks like an earthquake struck the land of giraffes on my dresser, guess I should reorganize them.

The picture doesn't do this sir justice.  He is really big.  I got him from Costco, and Costco only knows how to do things huge.  As he is standing like this, he makes a good steed or prop to scare your animals.   Unfurled and laying flat, he would make a good area rug or a dog bed for both a Mastiff and a Great Dane to share.  But right now, he is just sitting on the other bed in my room, chillin.

This is a painting my sister painted for me during her artistic phase.  I know you're thinking how adorable that is.  She is 27.  I have to think it was based off of this picture. It's actually pretty accurate in my opinion. I love her style, it's called 'using water colors without water because I didn't know I needed water'.  It hangs on my bedroom wall.

And this is a hat, obviously.

That is just the very tip of the iceberg that is my giraffe collection.  I've had calendars, stickers, valentine giraffe themed plates, a whole tub full of stuffed giraffe friends, a ring holder, picture frames, sheets, a rug, figurines, earrings and on and on.  Yeah, my collection isn't unique and amazing, but it is obnoxiously huge and I love it.  I've been trying to cut down on giraffes, but it's hard.  

So, if you're reading this and you have a fun, interesting, unique or even boring collection, share it with me!  I like to think I'm not alone in my need to collect.

1 comment:

  1. As you know, I have many collections too! Collecting makes life even more interesting. :o)

    ReplyDelete